Executive Director (2001-2015)
- Managed the state’s largest AmeriCorps program—including 100+ full-time AmeriCorps members, 6 VISTAs, and 28 full-time staff.
- Managed an annual budget of $4.6M + monitor payouts from $1M in endowment funds.
- Collaborated with 100+ community agencies throughout Detroit and the metro area.
- Recipient of 2015 Lifetime Service Award.
Executive Director/CEO (1983-2000)
Michigan Metro Girl Scout Council
- Built the organization from a membership of 21,000 girls to 43,000
- Built registered volunteer ranks from 6,000 to 14,000
- Built revenue from $3.5 million annually to $11.4 million
- Built full-time staff (from 55 to 85) and part-time staff (from 10 to 100+).
- Increased annual grant revenue from $15,000 in 1983 to $1,600,000 in 2000.
I continue to serve on numerous boards, campaigns, task groups and committees—especially those aimed at achieving the highest quality of public school education for ALL of Detroit’s children. Here are some highlights...